Netkit

Michael Irving laric at laric.com
Mon Sep 25 14:30:14 PDT 2000

Netkit-combo isn't really a sec breach. It doesn't AFAIK install any deamons
that start up without you adding them to the scripts in /etc/init.d.. There
might be some root exploits on  them but that isn't the issue I think. I
hardly think there is any root exploits that isn't fixed as as discovered
and any users you have on yer system shouldn't be allowed to run daemons
anyhow because that is a security breach in it self. If you consider twice
what you put into your bootscripts before you actually do it then you should
be pretty safe. A linux box running without any daemons at all is as safe as
you'll get. It isn't the daemons I was after. I was actually out for the
connectivity utils in it.

Michael