Netkit

Jeffery McLean jeffery at meowpawjects.com
Mon Sep 25 16:55:58 PDT 2000

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> Netkit-combo isn't really a sec breach.

Just my prospective on this...
combo installs a nice set of programs that might be very helpful
but not absolutly nessisary.
While I currently have like 10 gigs of hard disk space (and may be upgrading
soon) at one time I had only 20 megs disk space and got in the habbit
of erasing everything from my hard disk that I didn't need/want.

I'd much prefer preinstalling only what I absolutly need rather than
whole colections of software for convence...

Also some of the default network clinets do present minnor security risks...
telnet and ftp.. if your going into an account they don't encrypt the
connection..
not helpful...
--
http://www.meowpawjects.com/ Doing the impossible daily
Come see my projects and download my code. Open source all the way....