Extending LFS ( was Re: Netkit)

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Mon Sep 25 17:28:26 PDT 2000

As already noted, LFS is just a starting point.  What I'll be doing with
LFSMake (http://www.sunsetsystems.com/lfsmake.php3) is creating a whole
collection of Makefiles for adding various packages to the system.
That way you get to pick and choose what you want.

Each Makefile will handle downloading, installation, and
uninstallation, and will usually do this for several sub-components.
For example a Gnome Makefile will have gnome-libs as a sub-component,
because you might want to install GnuCash which requires gnome-libs but
not Gnome in all its glory.

If any of you would like to help, drop me a line.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/