lilo problem

Peter Hood phood at bak.rr.com
Mon Sep 25 18:06:11 PDT 2000

I have been able to load all software and recompile the kernel on the lfs
partition.
I am using redhat 6.2 as a starter system.

I change into the chroot environment and then recompile the kernel and do
the commands.
Then I edit the /etc/lilo.conf file to point to /dev/hda5 on my system and
show the /boot/lfskernel.

All is well until I try to run lilo.
If I run the lilo command I get an error message stating it can't be found.
(I think this is a path problem that is fixable.)

I then run /sbin/lilo and get an error "No images have been defined" and
adding lfs.

The book has been so well documented and I am so close...  I anyone have
seen what could be causing this their help would be
appreciated

Peter Hood

PS I did one thing differently than the book and I think it was easier for
me.  I created the /mnt/lfs partition (inc directories) and mounted it
before downloading the software from the internet.  In that way I could
download software directly into /mnt/lfs/usr/source/(directory).  This cut
out the moving step.