Netkit

Joe Weidenbach weidenba at mnic.net
Tue Sep 26 12:01:58 PDT 2000

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> OK I see your point. A smaller suggestion then. You perhaps could mention
> the fact that netkit-ftp contains the ftp client wich is almost essential
> to get the files you need/want to make LFS usable? This could help alot so
> people can get up and running faster?

A mention of it might be helpful, but if Gerard mentions netkit-ftp, then it
stands to reason that he would have to mention lots of other software which
no sysadmin would be caught without.

Also, look at it this way.  Netkit-ftp is small enough you can stick it on a
floppy disk in order to put it on an LFS box that needs it.  If you
accidentally overlook the fact that you're going to need FTP, it's very
simple to put it on the computer after LFS is running.  Since it is not
essential software,  It doesn't need to fill up extra pages in the book.

SCDrumline