Grep Compiling and Installing

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 26 12:03:51 PDT 2000

> CPPFLAGS=-Dre_max_failures=re_max_failures2 \
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-nls
> make LDFLAGS=-static

Strange, you're the first person I know off that has problems with this. From
the looks of it your cpp (c pre processor) is ignoring the CPPFLAGS variable
or somehow it's not passed onto the ./configure script.

Try this instead:
export CPPFLAGS=-Dre_max_failures=re_max_failures2
make

First, remove the old source tree, since the files are already compiled. You
can try a 'make clean'. I'd just remove the tree and unpack grep again.

www.linuxfromscratch.org