LFS partition

Kyle West sithii at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 28 13:50:21 PDT 2000

Deleting the lost+found directory isn't really a problem, it can easily just
be re-created.  What it sounds like to me is that this isn't an e2fs
partition.  If you are sure that this partition has nothing important on it,
type mke2fs /dev/hdb3.  This will reinitialize the file system (Erasing
everything) to make it an ext2 file system.

If you still can't mount it after that, run cfdisk (or some other linux
fdisk utility) and make sure that hdb3 is set for linux type 0x82.  If it
isn't, set it to type 82, write and quit, reboot, and then run mke2fs on
that partition again.