installing perl-5.6.0

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 2 13:58:16 PST 2001

> > the default setup wanted to use [cc] for the compiler, but it claimed
> > that i didn't have that. so i set it to use [c++] instead. so i strongly
> > suspect this problem is a case of me fooling around with things i don't
> > understand :)
>
> you most probably forgot to create the cc symlink to gcc :-)
>
> ln -s /usr/bin/gcc /usr/bin/cc

That worked as you reported. Just a short note:
c++ is the c++ compiler and is not meant to be used to compile C sources
just like you can't use the C compiler to compile C++ sources

they are two different programming languages, each need their own compiler.
Although C++ is a 'better' C version, you may be able to use C++ as a C
compiler with some hacking, but I doubt it to be reliable.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org