AppindexC/Package updates/various stuff...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 2 14:13:10 PST 2001

On December 30, 2000 02:02 am, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> Yo,
>
> I would have checked this againgst the latest pre version Gerard is
> working on, but each time i do, his box is offline..so here goes nothing

I was rebooted in new LFS system to test things..no network stuff there yet ;)

and i turned off the machine when I went down south to ohio too.

>   * New package updates:

the pre version doesn't contain the new packages yet. The next pre version
will have those updated I hope (or in pre10 if not in pre9 which is the next)

>   * ld-so, how come there's no homepage/site/url off *.lfs.org link?
>     it doesn't have a homepage? it's not critical, as Gerard has said,
>     once LFS uses Glibc 2.2 (which *cough* i hope we can all wait untill
>     Gcc 3.0 is officially released) will not use it, perhaps a link off
>     ibiblio.org or something..

I was never able to find the homepage of it.

>   * shadow password suite, ftp://ftp.ists.pwr.wroc.pl/pub/linux/shadow/ i
>     can't seem to reach, check [fm] and the main download site is
>     ftp://piast.t19.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/pub/linux/shadow/ (and if you check the
>     README.mirros it shows this and the URL that LFS is using now and one
>     other site that are the three primary locations to download from)
>     (PS, again not critical, just wanted to mention it for reference)

I had trouble reaching the original URL for a few weeks in a row a couple of
released back,so I changed the URL to one of the listed mirrors which has
been working for me ever since.

>   * Could the <TITLE> on http://search.linuxfromscratch.org be changed
>     to like 'Search Linux From Scratch' instead of 'Linux From Scratch'
>     it just messes up my bookmarks.. *adds his small plug request =)*

;) sure

I'll fix the other 'deficiencies' you mentioned

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org