After chroot, GCC 2.95.2 won't compile - host type???

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 2 14:23:09 PST 2001

On January  2, 2001 10:26 am, jfclinux at fuse.net wrote:
> WOW! Now that was a fast reply.  I will try it tonight as soon as I get
> home from work! Thanks John

My "not so fast" reply (hey i have an excuse, i was out of the country for a
few days, though I could have checked my mail, as I was visiting the
linuxfromscratch.org server and my boss who hosts the box...but i was too
busy playing quake and getting my *ss kicked inside out and backwards...)

the host problem often appears because /usr/bin/cc inside chroot doesn't
exist. the configure.guess script runs 'cc' at some point to compile a test
program which tells configure.guess which host it is being run on,
configure.guess outputs that to the configure script and configure script
then sets up the source tree accordingly.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org