Linux-2.4.0 is out!!

Perrin Aybara vze24938 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 4 19:07:22 PST 2001

Oren J Byer wrote:

> > Actually, I mentioned it more due to the shock on MY part...that mirror
> > was listed within the first 100 Slashdot responses, and was still working
> > probably 10 minutes after posting...quite a feat, eh? =)
>
> Don't mind me, I'm just bitter. I had a cable modem for 6 months then was
> forced to move to an area where broadband is not available. You can probably
> imagine how painful it is to go from 300k/sec to 3/sec downloads.
>
> --
Christ I'm on DSL and my FTP transfers are 60KBps.  I didn't think that
was strange because when I lived in Ohio and was using CinciBell (i'm in
PA with Verizon now) it was 90KBps.  Do you guys really get that kind of
speed with cable?  I mean, i guess i can't complain compared to analog,
but still.....*drool*

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org