Drool... WAS --> Re: Autoconf Version 2.14.1

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 5 07:23:44 PST 2001

> Does this mean that the next version of the LFS Book will use glibc2.2?
> Pant, drool, slaver... (how about kernel 2.4.0 while I am dreaming...?)

Don't dream. It's reality. I've tested Glibc-2.2 extensively and everything
runs fine. X402, KDE, OpenGL/mesa/glut and a whole bunch of other software
(haven't tried Netscape yt). I'm not done testing but so far everything
worked just fine, so I think glibc-2.2 isn't all that bad as it was in RedHat7

2.4 kernel works great too (i've been running a test12 kernel though. Havne't
tried the official release yet but I don't imagine it'll be worse than the
test12 one).

All we are waiting for I think is GCC-3.0 to be releaed, although I have
absolutely no idea how long that's going to take. Therefore I am not sure if
we should run a glibc-2.2 system without gcc-3.0. The fact that it runs
superb  on my end doesnt' mean that everybody else has no problems or feels
comfortable with gcc-2.95.2 running under glibc-2.2

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org