Drool... WAS --> Re: Autoconf Version 2.14.1

Craig M. Reece craigthulu at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 5 07:35:57 PST 2001

Well, okay, then if there isn't going to be a book update yet; are there any
specific gotchas with glibc2.2 missing/adding things that 2.1.3 did/didn't
have?

IIRC, db1 was one such thing. I haven't morphed BerkeleyDB3 to install in
(more or less) standard places so everything finds it okay (kpackage being my
current picky prog even though rpm-4 didn't have a problem with it).

Also, does anyone use vmware? Will it run with kernel 2.4.0? Unfortunately
WINE doesn't run Visual InterDev well enough for me at work so I am still
stuck using vmware. Or, which would be even better, does anyone know of a
similar program to VID that would allow me to do ASP development without
having a MS environment at all?

On Friday, January 05, 2001 10:23 am, Gerard Beekmans spoke thusly:

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org