Linux-2.4.0 is out!!

Robert Mcleod soapman at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jan 5 11:12:24 PST 2001

On Fri, 05 Jan 2001, you wrote:
> Oren J Byer wrote:
> >
> > Nothing like rubbing salt in the wounds of those of us who are stuck with
> > analog modems... :)
>

> Yeah, no kidding. It only took me 2 hours...
>
> -Jeff
> SIG: HUP

Two hours? Ouch! I live in New Zealand and I downloaded kernel 2.4.0 (after
trying for two hours to connect to ftp.kernel.org because the NZ mirror didn't
yet have the final release) in about 50 minutes or something :)

But then, I have heard that analog line condition in NZ is alot better than it
is in the US and alot of other countries.
(I have a 56k modem - it connects to my provider Paradise.net at around
54333bps and usually gives me 4-6k/sec on ftp transfers)

Who needs a signature when you're omnipresent? :)

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org