Greater explanation

Rudolf Floers r.floers at web.de
Fri Jan 5 12:07:26 PST 2001

> But somehow, Redhat manages to make a good looking bootup. No extra
> messages.
> But like I said, on my LFS when loading swap I get message "Adding swap..."
> AFTER the echoed message has been displayed. I was just wondering if anyone
> knew how to get rid of that message, because I tried redirecting it to
> /dev/null.

do you get sth like
Adding Swap: xxxxxxk Swap-space (priority -1) ?

this would be a kernel message. i don't know how redhat does it, but you
could hack the kernel (again?), or set the console log level with
dmesg -n <1-7>
or
klogd -c <1-7>
at this time in the boot process you propably want to use dmesg. (you need to
use it before the swapon command!)

hope i have understood you ;)

RF

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org