Drool... WAS --> Re: Autoconf Version 2.14.1

Caleb Land bokonon at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jan 5 20:20:31 PST 2001

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 03:29:35AM +0100, Rudolf Floers wrote:
> > I am curious, what hardware and software do you use to do that...
> > Because I plan to use my VHS on my computer, but i had to look for hardware compatibility.
>
> i've got a Miro DC10plus and it worked nicely with kernel 2.2.14, but couldn't make it work with 2.2.17 yet.
> you find the dc10 driver stuff at http://www.cicese.mx/~mirsev/Linux/DC10plus/.

I too have a DC10plus, and I'm using it with Linux 2.4.0-prerelease.
I had some problems compiling it for 2.4.0, but that's because they
ditched some antiquated build system that the dc drivers rely on.  I
just manually compiled it with the appropriate CFLAGS (which can be
taken from the output of the makefile when it gives you an error when
you type ``make''.)  Then, just copy the .o files to the appropriate
places, and do an ``./update''

If your error is something other than a compile issue, I might be able
to help (I went through a great struggle to get it to work, so I made
a bunch of mistakes).

To the original poster: I cannot comment on how well it captures under
linux as I do my capturing in windows and just use the linux driver to
watch television.  I do know, however, that it does that well with
xawtv.

--
Sincerely,
Caleb Land