Greater explanation

Shlok Smari Datye shlok at ript.net
Sat Jan 6 06:49:06 PST 2001

thanks. it worked

-----Original Message-----
From: lfs-discuss-owner at linuxfromscratch.org
[mailto:lfs-discuss-owner at linuxfromscratch.org]On Behalf Of Rudolf
Floers
Sent: 5. januar 2001 20:07
To: lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: Greater explanation

> But somehow, Redhat manages to make a good looking bootup. No extra
> messages.
> But like I said, on my LFS when loading swap I get message "Adding
swap..."
> AFTER the echoed message has been displayed. I was just wondering if
anyone
> knew how to get rid of that message, because I tried redirecting it to
> /dev/null.

do you get sth like
Adding Swap: xxxxxxk Swap-space (priority -1) ?

this would be a kernel message. i don't know how redhat does it, but you
could hack the kernel (again?), or set the console log level with
dmesg -n <1-7>
or
klogd -c <1-7>
at this time in the boot process you propably want to use dmesg. (you need
use it before the swapon command!)

hope i have understood you ;)

RF

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org