LAN Gateway/Firewall

ken_i_m ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com
Sat Jan 6 15:21:49 PST 2001

At 05:13 PM 1/6/01 -0500, you wrote:
>We currently have a 128k ISDN line with no firewall.  A 256k DSL line is
>currently connected, but I'm the only one using it until I finish the
>firewalls (hmm... maybe I don't want to share the bandwidth<g>).

Share? What's that? It appears to be an English word. I will have to get my
dictionary out and look it up.

I am too far out of town for DSL. Am looking at the service offered by a
local wireless ISP. There is also a new start-up that is rumored to be
offering wireless service once they open their doors. If neither of these
options work out I can co-locate my hardware with a local broadband
provider for $150 per month. um, maybe I will go for the co-lo regardless.

>I'm trying to<g>.  If I can get it built, I certainly am.  It has a lot of
>cool features, such as guaranteeing a certain amount of badwidth for
>different services (outgoing HTTP trafic will get 128k, DNS will get 64k,
>mail 64k, and our internal websurfing will get whatever isn't being used).

Whoa, I didn't know iptables would do that. Cool.

I think, therefore, ken_i_m

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org