KDE2

pascal adami pascal.adami at balcab.ch
Mon Jan 8 07:26:55 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Shlok Smári Datye <shlok at ript.net>
Date: Monday, January 8, 2001 3:53 pm
Subject: KDE2

> Hi
>
> I just installed KDE2 using Sergei's guide. I found that KDE2 runs
> slow. I'm
> surprised since Win2k works just fine. Shouldn't Linux be faster
> than Win?
> My question is, does compilation level have something to do with
> this? I
> have Pentium II and used "-O2 -march=i386", should I move to
> higher opt
> level?
>
> Thanks.

Okay...you have big problems and I want to help you out!
I've a high-speed Intel 386 box for you if you want to try it out just
message me back. Oh, but first learn the 10-finger-system - it will
immensely increase the speed of your system!

One sentence is so cute I'm even melting: "Shouldn't Linux be faster
than Win?"

I know, a senseless mail I wrote, but I just can't resist sometimes ;-)
Don't take it too personally, Shlok!

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org