KDE2

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy at veldy.net
Mon Jan 8 08:17:04 PST 2001

You could try:

CFLAGS="-O -pipe -march=i686 -mcpu=i686"
CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS -fmemoize-lookups -fsave-memoized"

The latter option will probably slow down your C++ compilation quite a bit.
It has worked for me and it seems fast enough on my system (Athlon Classic
600MHz / ABIT KA7-100 / 256 MB PC133).  These options should work well for
all Pentium Pro systems and later, including your PII.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy at veldy.net