KDE2

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Mon Jan 8 09:13:43 PST 2001

Boy that sure is interesting.  So does hdparam include somthing like a
kernel driver or somthing?

> I have found that using hdparm to tune ide disks does far more to increase
> application performance than anything else I have ever done.

nifty, esp. when U consider that CPU and memory performance has increased a
hundereds of times or more since PC's first came out and the fastest hard
drives are 'only' 5-10 times as fast.  RAID helps but it only goes to show
where most of the bottleneck is....

~jason

--
| Jason at tommyk.com |