KDE2

jerry jdinardo at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 8 10:22:36 PST 2001

I had to compile in dma options with 2.4.0 to make hdparm work. One of the
2.4.0 options implies that it will turn on dma but I still had to use hdparm
to make it work ( or at least make it work fast).

The required kernel options are under the ATA/IDE/MFM/RLL section.

I just tested it on my work computer and got even a bigger boost
==> 3MB/sec to 29.5MB / sec.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org