error compiling patch

Florin Boariu florin at bnv-bamberg.de
Mon Jan 8 17:49:02 PST 2001

Maybe this would be the right moment to say that I had some problems with
patch, too? I don't remember if I had any problems _compiling_ it, but
actually _using_ it on ppc. I don't know which version this was exactly
(I think 2.5.4 -- my laptop isn't here right now so I can't check that).

It just wouldn't patch directories. It would _sometimes_ patch the first
file meant to be patched, and then stop.

I copied the working patch from my previous system as a quick-n-dirty
solution and then forgot about it, until now...

I didn't look in the sources yet since I have a deadline on January 30th,
so I'm kinda busy ATM, but I will (hopefully) soon (if I don't forget it
again...)

best regards,
florin.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org