Drool... WAS --> Re: Autoconf Version 2.14.1

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 8 17:57:47 PST 2001

> Why push back the 2.4.4 release then? there are a bunch of things that
> have been added that are good enough for it to be released (then again,
> i can't see your TODO list, but the things that have been added, alot of
> users have been waiting for)

I've just looked at the current changelog again. Apparently I have changed
more than I thought I had. A 2.4.4 release does sound like something good.
Tomorrow I'll have the TODO list up (it'll be a static list - ie: no script
to dynamically edit it, not yet, will take a bit more time to code).

Tomorrow, in between your visit I'll work some more on the book and see how
much of the current TODO list I want to fix in 2.4.4 or have it wait for
afterwards. What's left aren't problem-fixes, more like little changes to do
things better/easier/quicker

> btw, how did Q3A work out? =)

It runs, that's about it. If i get half a frame per second I may be lucky. I
really don't have the hardware for it (then again, VA Linux didn't donate a
gaming machine, they donated a machine to develop LFS on ;)

> /me whom stands behind Gerard and LFS, no matter what choice is taken.

I'm glad to hear that. Even when I decide to start the bleeding-edge race eh?

Hey, look at it this way: LFS-CVS version will be one of few who are on the
bleeding edge with glibc/kernel updates. If we're out there, we may as well
*lead* the race ;)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org