Kernel (2.2.17) Trouble

Mike Miller mhmtech at mailandnews.com
Tue Jan 9 07:08:14 PST 2001

Hi all,
I just recompiled my kernel... like an idiot (actually... i think most of us
do this) I didn't keep careful track of what I changed), and now, when i
boot the new kernel, it fails right after detecting the hard drives (after
hdc, to be precise). It misidentifies my CD-ROM (well... it says it's a 40X
instead of 44X.. but the working (old) kernel gets it right), then it says
"Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer deference at virtual address
00000010", and then it gives me a bunch of processor/register info. Any
ideas what I did?

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org