lfs todo and wish lists online

Ron885 the l33t linux d00d ron885 at linuxfreemail.com
Tue Jan 9 18:49:39 PST 2001

On Tuesday 09 January 2001  7:48 pm, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> that prompt isn't that strange, it's just bash not reading /etc/profile
> and thus reading a PS1 variable. bash does not always read /etc/profile,
> it depends on how it is executed (ie: when executed as sh it doesn't
> read it). You really want to read the bash manual page now. After
> reading the section where it explains when bash reads which files you'll
> have a better understanding how bash behaves in which conditions.

But it does read the PS1 because I have it at one point... then it just
changes to the sh-2.04.... Then it will go back.. then switch back to
sh-2.04. Another strange thing... it seemed to work fine when fsck failed
horribly and had to be run manually... weird... anyway i don't plan on going
to single too much... i just did cuz stunnel would fail alot and i would have
to disable it... but i got xchat to compile for ssl... so no more stunnel..
WAHOO!!
--
Ron885
Linux: The smart choice! - http://yalc.linuxsquare.net