FHS 2.1 (was: lfs todo and wish lists online)

Richard Lightman richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 13:12:36 PST 2001

Misquoted from Mario Lassnig on 2001/01/10 at 16:29 +0000:
> I'm currently checking the FHS 2.1...
> So far, the only thing I see is the additional /opt directory
> for Add-on application software packages

AFAIR /usr/etc, /usr/man and /usr/info have gone even as symlinks

Very little uses /usr/etc these days, and most of that can be fixed
by configuring --libdir=/etc on the most stubborn packages.

The easy way fo /usr/man and /usr/info is to use links, then
take the links away after installation. You must also fix
/usr/share/misc/man.conf

I have done it the difficult way. Is anyone interested in the
required settings?

Richard

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org