bootup scripts

Marc Heerdink marc_heerdink at softhome.net
Thu Jan 11 15:44:32 PST 2001

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 18:38:37 -0600, zach_hartley at ci866887-a.nash1.tn.home.com wrote:
> I was wondering, how would one implement BSD style initialization
> scripts on a LFS box? would you simply creat a rc.d directory in
> the /etc directory and go from there? or would you need a different
> startup program? I'm sorry if this has already been discussed (I've
> looked through the archives for about an 1.5 hours and couldn't find
> anything.
>
> Zach
>
> --

I've done this lots of times. Here's my inittab (the important part):

si:S:sysinit:/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit

l0:0:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc.0
l1:S1:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc.1
l2:2:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc.2
l3:3:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc.3
l4:4:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc.4
l5:5:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc.5
l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc.6

As you can see, each runlevel has it's own script. In my config, rc.6 is a symlink to rc.0 (they both perform the same actions, basically) and rc.3 rc.4 and rc.5 are symlinks to rc.2 (i only use 1 multiuser runlevel and 1 single user runlevel). It's not hard to set up, just base your scripts off slacks bootscripts.

--
Marc Heerdink
marc_heerdink at softhome.net
http://www.koelkast.net/