X Question

Mike Hildebrandt mikehild at insight.org
Fri Jan 12 08:15:28 PST 2001

That happened to me before too.  Try removing every trace of X from your HD
(unpacked source, the /usr/X11R6 tree, all config files, etc - just leave
the source tarball) and rebuilding.  Hopefully that works...  It's
definately less extreme than what I did which was to wipe the partition and
rebuild LFS then rebuild X.