Building LFS for Alpha

Patrick Ouellet patrick.ouellet at microtecsecurite.com
Fri Jan 12 12:13:05 PST 2001

Well I have some news about the LFS for Alpha...
Sadly these are bad new...

I won't be able to even try to build a LFS on Alpha
Since the server which we own is one of the rare Alpha server
which is tottaly unsuported..

Alpha 2100A 5/300

If you see a OS that I can install on this piece of crap...
Just tell me... It currently run Win NT and I just can't smell
Microsoft in my office, so I really want it to leave as soon as possible

Patrick Ouellet wrote:

> For sure, I plan to document the most of my work
> to make the Alpha LFS.
>
> And give it to Gerard for the book and the sites.
>
> Ian Chilton wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > > Building a LFS on Alpha server ??
> >
> > I don't have an Alpha, any knowlege of the Alpha platform or Linux on
> > that platform, but I am working on LFS on the Sparc, MIPS and m68k
> > platforms.
> >
> > Sparc and M68K are quite far advanced ports of Linux, so building LFS
> > was pretty much as the book, except you don't need bin86 or lilo.
> >
> > The MIPS port of Linux is *very* in development, so compiling LFS
> > required rather a lot of hacking..
> >
> > I am still working on these platforms, but when I get to some reasnable
> > stage and have some time, I will release some docs for LFS on other
> > platforms..
> >
> > If you do get anywhere with LFS on Alpha, please let me know your
> > reults.
> >

> > Thanks!
> >
> > Bye for Now,
> >
> > Ian
> >
> >                                 \|||/
> >                                 (o o)
> >  /---------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------------------\
> >  |  Ian Chilton        (IRC Nick - GadgetMan)     ICQ #: 16007717  |
> >  |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
> >  |  E-Mail: ian at ichilton.co.uk     Web: http://www.ichilton.co.uk  |
> >  |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
> >  |        Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.         |
> >  \-----------------------------------------------------------------/
> >
> > --
>
> --
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=