Why logout of chroot, copy dynamic bash over static bash, then chroot again?

Richard Lightman richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 13 11:37:22 PST 2001

Misquoted from Filippo Erik Negroni on 2001/01/13 at 13:03 +0000:
> What error message did you get?
>

> >I got an error message every time I tried to mv bash. I am not the
> >only one how did. The only way I found to avoid the problem was to
> >exit chroot. There must be some other way, because some people did
> >not have any problem. If you know what it is, please tell, and I
> >will try it.

I have forgotten. I had a couple of goes at recreating it:
[root at fire_fly /bin]# cp bash bosh
[root at fire_fly /bin]# mv bosh bash
[root at fire_fly /bin]# chroot /mnt/lfs1/ /bin/bash --login
[root at fire_fly /]# cd bin
[root at fire_fly /bin]# cp bash bosh
[root at fire_fly /bin]# mv bosh bash
[root at fire_fly /bin]#

No problems, but then I am now using LFS 2.4.3, not some old
Red Hat distro, and chroot there is running a shared bash.
I will be doing another LFS next week, so will try again
then.

Richard

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org