$LFS Questions

Jack Detrick vze24938 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 13 18:58:49 PST 2001

How new is new?  LFS isn't for the faint of heart or the
recently-windoze-ing.  I recommend a 3-step process:

1. Remove Redhat 7 from any machines you have in your house.
2. Install Slackware 7.2 on any of the machines that had Redhat 7 on
them previously--sort of like appeasing the gods, you really may have
upset those systems with such a distro.
3. After taking your bruises with a mainstream distro that at least
isn't _total_ crap, make the switch to LFS.

I feel Slackware is more lightweight and not as apt to clobber new users
with a bunch of crap--I've tried almost all the distros except for
TurboLinux and some of the small names (Peanut, etc.), and Slack is by
far my favorite.  Your mileage may vary.
--
With no walls or fences on the internet, who needs Windows or Gates?

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org