$LFS Questions

Corey Cox sleepnir at usa.net
Sat Jan 13 21:26:04 PST 2001

Jack Detrick <vze24938 at verizon.net> wrote:
> How new is new?  LFS isn't for the faint of heart or the
> recently-windoze-ing.  I recommend a 3-step process:

I have to respond to this.  I fit that description - the
recently-windoze-ing and I have to disagree.  I started playing with LFS
immediately.  It took me a while and I had some major problems but the
book is exellently written and I was able to get a LFS system running.  It
took me 3 months to finally get it, but I think I learned more in that 3
months than I could have any other way.  I would say - if your new to
linux, try LFS - just don't expect to get through it without some real
frustrations and a lot of RTFM.

--
Corey Cox.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org