perl problem

scott thomason scott at industrial-linux.org
Sun Jan 14 04:31:38 PST 2001

This has been commented on numerous times. You're probably trying to build perl too early in the process, such as during the static build or before some of the other gnu software in the dynamic build. For some reason, some of the output descriptors emit little bits of crap into the Makefile where they shouldn't. The only thing I've been able to reliably do is to look at the error each time and delete the offending lines. If you are trying to "settle into" a particular build script, you should be able to
utomate this with "grep -v <string goes here>", too, but if you are constantly changing your build, you are probably better off manually editing the makefile or moving it later in the build process so this doesn't happen.
---scott