Redhat

Jack Detrick vze24938 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 14 08:30:30 PST 2001

And if it weren't for windows, we'd still be using DOS (well, probably
not since people were pretty graphics-starved at the time, but you get
my point).  What they've done for the community is great, the popularity
they've helped Linux achieve is great, but the move they made with 7.0
_sucked_.  7.0 was pushed as a _release_, not a "non-mission-critical"
beta/alpha/whatever.  Like I've seen in some sigs, "Redhat likes to be
cutting-edge, but you have to do the bleeding" (or something like
that).  Oh, and if I wanted to beta-test something I'd volunteer--it
shouldn't be something I'm tricked into.  5.1, 6.2, etc., were
great--but 7.0 blew, they should have put more thought into it before
they shoved it out the door.

However, extremely unstable Linux software is still more stable than
extremely unstable windows software (in my experience).  In any case,
this is my last post on the subject--I have a feeling Gerard is about to
give a cease-and-desist on this topic.