Advice for buyer needed

Jack Detrick vze24938 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 14 09:08:28 PST 2001

Mobos that take DDR RAM are out there right now?
I'm going to be building a new system for my dad this summer (and at the
same time "inherit" the one he's using now that I built 2 summers ago,
which is much faster than the one I'm using).  My aunt recently got a 1
GHz system with a Geforce2, burner, and the lot, and I'm going to want
to build something really pimped out (but won't break the bank) for my
dad.  I was hoping for two things: that by this summer there'll be the
760MP chipset (dual athlons), and that there'll also be a mobo that
takes DDR RAM.  If one of those two already exists then there's hope
(because when the 760MP chipset comes out, I doubt they'll be going with
SDRAM).