Putting Glibc in Chapter 6

Kurt V. Hindenburg k.hindenburg at gte.net
Sun Jan 14 11:57:03 PST 2001

Pierre Cyr [pierre.cyr at mcgill.ca] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just compiled glibc in the chroot'ed environment (without compiling it
> in chapter 5)  Here is what I did.

Yea, this all works for me...

> I didn't try anything further...  but I don't see why this wouldn't
> work.

After install glibc-2-2.1, I type localedef -i en_US -f ISO-8859-1 en_US,
I get
default character map file `ANSI_X3.4-1968' not found: No such file or
directory

I also had problems with ncurses, make install

sh ./run_tic.sh /usr/bin . /usr/share/terminfo
** Building terminfo database, please wait...
Running tic to install /usr/share/terminfo ...

        You may see messages regarding unknown capabilities, e.g., AX.
        These are extended terminal capabilities which can be compiled
        using
                tic -x
        Read the INSTALL document before doing this - it can cause
        problems for older ncurses applications.

"./terminfo.src", line 395, col 3, terminal 'ecma+color': unknown capability
'A'
"./terminfo.src", line 3032, col 40, terminal 'screen': unknown capability 'G0'
"./terminfo.src", line 16926, terminal 'v3220': /root/.terminfo: permission
denied (errno 17)
? tic could not build /usr/share/terminfo
make[1]: *** [install.data] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/ncurses-5.1/misc'
make: *** [install] Error 2

Kurt

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org