Redhat

Erich Heintz erich at heintz.com
Sun Jan 14 16:15:23 PST 2001

I probably used Enterprise somewhat incorrectly. I was thinking of it purely
in a volume perspective. Having to maintain a significant number of
workstations and a handful of servers running linux, I just don't have the
time to handle required updates via a "from scratch" methodology. The love I
have for LFS is offset by the convenience of having precompiled binaries
available for relatively minor patches that close security holes. The love
that I have for really "nitpicking" my machines gets overshadowed by the
need for speed.