Redhat

zach_hartley at ci866887-a.nash1.tn.home.com zach_hartley at ci866887-a.nash1.tn.home.com
Sun Jan 14 18:56:26 PST 2001

I'm sorry Jesse, but if it takes you 20 minutes to set up networking
in Slack (I can't speak for other distrobutions), than you just not
trying. In the tradition of adding my opinion as fact (^_^), I can
usually do a install in 10 minutes. And thats when I choose an expert
install and get all nit-picky. I find most installs actually depend
on how fast your cd-rom drive is. On my workstations that have 24x
drives, I can usually pull off the standard 10 minutes. On a laptop
4x drive it can take upwards of 30 minutes. Come on people, if your
gonna dog non-LFS systems about something, at least make it worth
arguing about ;)

Zach