Redhat

Andy Goth andy at chainsaw.grimnok.com
Sun Jan 14 19:39:52 PST 2001

On Sunday, January 14, 2001 21:47, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> Yo,
>
> On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 09:29:32PM -0600, Andy Goth wrote:
> > Try making IPC wrapper tools in C that can be called from shell
> > scripts, perl and tcl programs, and so on.  Also go ahead and
> > invent a framebuffer-enhanced dialog utility.  It'll be fun!
>
> I was planning on doing that anywyas, but thx for the vote ;)

Which one?  Sample IPC wrappers can be found in the IPC HOWTO.  The fb dialog I haven't seen yet, but surely it can be made flexible enough to also support text and X.  Or, just run X's framebuffer server.

> But you don't need a wrapper for Perl, as it's (problably) going to
> be Jabber XML and there's allready a module in CPAN for it :)

Ah, yes, the all-encompassing CPAN.  So is that what Perl has going for it?

> > /me reminisces about his bash/tk programs...
>
> hehe

Want gnothify, my email notifier?  It illustrates forking, lockfiles, and a billion other things no respectable biff should have.  Heh.
--
Andy Goth  |  unununium at openverse.org  |  uin: 35256413  |  aim: Un111

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org