Redhat

Jack Detrick vze24938 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 14 20:20:19 PST 2001

My favorite analogy is that of building a computer vs. buying from Dell,
Gateway, or any of the other big companies.  Sure, now that you have a
computer you're l33+3r than those who don't have access (heh heh, bear
with me)--but in a while you'll realize what a bad deal you got when you
bought what you thought at the time was a rather swank Packard Bell.
Fast forward to your first home-built system--what exactly do you think
of those companies now?  I mean yeah, they do a hell of a job getting
out there and getting people to buy computers...but how great are they
now that you can build your own system?