make it nicer

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Mon Jan 15 00:03:01 PST 2001

Yo,

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 12:28:10AM +0100, Jan Stifter wrote:
> 1) my manpages look a little ugly. if there should be a dash "-" at
> the end, i see a <AD> at the end, e.g.

This is a FAQ, a simple search in the mail archives would have brough up
this anwer (and someone has allready anwered it, but i'll mention it
again :)

echo "export LESSCHARSET=latin1" >> /etc/profile

or just add "export LESSCHARSET=latin1" (without the quotes) to your
/etc/profile system configuration file (if /etc/profile isn't there,
just create it)

> how can i avoid the ugly (none) ? IMO there should be the system name.
> maybe, this string was compiled in to the syslogd during compile time?

You need a hostname for your system, a default like 'lfs'

echo "HOSTNAME=lfs" >> /etc/sysconfig/network

or just add "HOSTNAME=lfs" to the /etc/sysconfig/network (without the
quotes)

> anyone knows, what to configure to get rid of this message? is that a
> message of sshd, of syslogd, of login, or of ???

it's sshd letting you know that the user didn't properly logout (aka
they killed the terminal/window)

ncftp is a good choice, http://www.ncftp.com

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org