glibc-2.2 --- bugtraq

Rudolf Floers r.floers at web.de
Mon Jan 15 02:37:44 PST 2001

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 09:22:21AM +0100, Stefan Hoffmeister wrote:

> Read the Changlog. If you don't want to do that, then this information
> will have to suffice: Essentially, plenty of locale code is wrong, has
> limitations, or is plain broken.

is that locale stuff only to make programs generate non-english messages?
i never used it. i want my computers to speak english.

speaking of it, what happens if i compile everything with --disable-nls?
do i still need gettext then? will i run into any problems?

well, i think there are many poeple who don't want native language support,
i.e. want only the english language.

cu,
rudolf

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org