/dev/null under devfs (was Re: perl problem)

Hendrik Volker Brunn hvb at gmx.net
Mon Jan 15 05:24:03 PST 2001

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 06:50:26AM -0500, Simon Perreault wrote:

> It's
> 1) a lot more trouble

Easy, as I start from an updated system anyways. Usually build
LFS-systems from other LFS-Systems (and I'm using 2.4 since test4).

> 2) useless

Hm. Makes it easy. Keeps me from hassle with MAKEDEV. Shows same
behavior as starting system.

But with my reasons for doing it my way I certainly can't beat your
pointy one-word statements, that don't even have to bring arguments to
prove their validity. Perhaps you can come up with some reasons? Plain
stating "useless" is not really something I consider intellectual
exchange of arguments.

Hendrik

--
"Denken sie auch, oder schlurfen sie nur sinnlos ueber die Erde?" (Kafka)

## Linux 2.4.0 running on an i586 ##

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org