I have finally read the to do list

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 15 16:33:24 PST 2001

On January 12, 2001 03:34 pm, Richard Lightman wrote:
> That package dependancy line in the TODO list looks scarey.
> Will you be happy with a list of files whose last access
> dates are newer than when the package was unpacked?

It's not as scary as it looks, just something I want done. If not for the
book I'll do it for personal reasons anyways, but I believe there are some
folks here who would like to have an accurate dependency list.

> I do not use the /usr/man, and /usr/info symlinks. Util-linux
> is one of the packages that gives me trouble. As MCONFIG will
> need a sed anyway, how about fixing the man and info pages as
> well:
>
> sed -e s/ASSWD=no/ASSWD=yes/\
>     -e s/SLN=no/SLN=yes/\
>     -e s/ORT=no/ORT=yes/\
>     -e "s/OPT=.*/OPT= $CFLAGS/"\
>     -e 's@\(MANDIR=[[:space:]]\).*@\1$(DESTDIR)/usr/share/man@'\
>     -e 's@\(INFODIR=[[:space:]]\).*@\1$(DESTDIR)/usr/share/info@'\
>     MCONFIG > MCONFIG~
> mv  MCONFIG~ MCONFIG

If you do that to util-linux, you have to do it to every other package, since
they all use /usr/man (unless you deal with a fairly up-to-date package which
uses /usr/share/man).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org