improving device file creation - (MAKEDEV-2.5)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 15 18:07:23 PST 2001

> Example:
> There was some mention that /dev/[hs]d[a-d]* needed some work... Does
> kernel recognize /dev/hda20 ? Or, does it only recognize through /dev/hda16
> ?
>
> Let me know any recommendations regarding improvements to be made for its
> use in LFS, and I'll be glad to fix it up proper! :o)

Seems to be up to 16 partitions only

About the script itself,it may be useful, it may not be. Perhaps it's a good
idea to use devfs in the lfs-book, but perhaps not (since it does force a
user to use a certain kernel configuration and not all software works well
with devfs yet)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org