Advertising for LFS

Andy Goth andy at chainsaw.grimnok.com
Mon Jan 15 18:45:16 PST 2001

On Monday, January 15, 2001 20:48, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> Yo,
>
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 07:12:01PM -0600, Andy Goth wrote:
> > Good enough for me.  I was a little afraid that ALFS would one day
> > replace LFS.
>
> ALFS and the book do not do the same thing, they can't replace each
> other ;)

Good.

> > infosys?
>
> LFS InfoSys, aka a much more improved interface for the hints =)

.... and how long ago did you make this up?

Grr.  12/20/2000 kmail still hasn't miraculously fixed its no-send bug, so I'm anxiously awaiting finishing my recompile.  Thankfully I (think I) fixed that C++ bug.  It took me a long time to find the much-sought-after patch because it was for gcc, not glibc, and I had never successfully searched for anything on the LFS site before.  But now I'm okay. :^)

I took a "little" break to write an overpowered install-log script, but now that's done (until I get approval for writing a "hint" [i.e. documentation] for it).
--
Andy Goth  |  unununium at openverse.org  |  uin: 35256413  |  aim: Un111

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org