I have finally read the to do list

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Tue Jan 16 06:31:50 PST 2001

> On January 12, 2001 03:34 pm, Richard Lightman wrote:
> > That package dependancy line in the TODO list looks scarey.
> > Will you be happy with a list of files whose last access
> > dates are newer than when the package was unpacked?
>
> It's not as scary as it looks, just something I want done. If not for the
> book I'll do it for personal reasons anyways, but I believe there are some
> folks here who would like to have an accurate dependency list.

Can you tell me exactly what kind of dependency list do you want. I
originally understood this as if you wanted to know inter-package
dependencies (which are very hard to figure out) but after reading the
above reply, it seems you want to know which packages the files on a
finished LFS install originate from. The latter is something I can provide
easily. I installed every package as a different user so all files on my
system are linked to their packages by their owner UIDs (with the
exception of a few suid root programs).
If you also want to know about files provided by multiple packages (e.g.
sulogin) I might be able to get that info by reinstalling every package
and looking at the errors during "make install" (package A can not
overwrite a file owned by package B)

MSB

----
If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org