And another question

Seth Payne SPayne at Legato.com
Tue Jan 16 09:39:21 PST 2001

SuSE, Red Hat and others pay open source developers.  SuSE and MP3.com for
example pay Hans Reiser to develop the Reiser File System.  SuSE also pays
Kurt Granroth and Waldo Bastian to develop KDE.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tijmen Stam [mailto:tijmen at stamadvies.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 10:39 AM
To: lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: And another question

Shlok Smári Datye wrote:

Why isn't there any company that PAYS programmers to write BETTER software
for Linux? And just like in Win, these software would cost money. Rather
than some NOT good and free apps.

We're even crazyer, we just raised an entirely non-profit company for linux
stuff. We even hope (just hope) we get the investements back...
What we need is *much* and *big bandhwith* space... Who knows whopays for
the LFS space?

--

>From Tijmen Stam - "I believe in Linux" - tijmen at stamadvies.nl

POVray page  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/somepage/
<http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/somepage/>  Updated Dec 10,2000

count linux @ counter.li.org reg#178552, Machine#78930 & #78931

Everyone calling himself a linux master should have completely read the Bash

man page and all kernel documentation, as a test to prove himself and to
free

some bandwith on comp.os.linux.* ( Honestly, I haven't done this all yet )-: