Advertising for LFS

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 16 13:05:23 PST 2001

On January 15, 2001 10:27 pm, Simon Perreault wrote:

> On Monday 15 January 2001 22:28, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> > Plans are still in are leader's (Gerard) head and i can't remenber whom
> > came up the name infosys, but i'm sure you could find the asnwer if you
> > did a little searching on the mailing lists.

It's in my head and i came up with the name, I think (that I'm not even sure
of anymore).

> Bryan has a lot of plans for the InfoSys, and told me about them on #LFS
> (you should come by more often, Jesse *UVGB*). I still have only a vague
> concept of it, but it will be a mySQL database, capable of exporting data
> in XML, so you could use it for the hints and the profiles themselves.
> Anway, it's gonna be cool (if it isn't vapor). Anyway, doing a mySQL
> database in itself is cool. I can do that part, and transferring the hints
> to the mySQL database is my job. Then, well, we'll see...

Yeah lots of plans, not lots of time to actually develop it.  There's always
something coming in it's way. I had plans starting InfoSys after LFS book was
matured more (around a month ago) but then ALFS kicked of and i needed to
concentrate on that (roadmap, white paper, more stuff of that nature).

But it will come, it will be part of ALFS (profile wise) so it won't be
vapourware for much longer

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org